Monday, July 9, 2007

The Return of Myrtle, only pregnant....

You may know who Myrtle is, but just in case you don't, Myrtle is one of my alter egos. She was named by my sister in a store one day. My sister says that I sometimes have the taste of an old woman regarding clothing, and so one day when I said that I liked something in the store my sister said "Ok Myrtle, where's my sister Christy?!" Thus Myrtle was born. I have to say that most of the time Myrtle remains in hiding, although she sometimes comes out when we're least expecting it. Kenney's very good at giving me that "Myrtle is coming out" look. Bless his heart he doesn't say anything, he just gives me the "look" which is begging me to put the hideous article of clothing back on the sale rack and walk away slowly. But then once in a while, Myrtle and Christy decide they like something together. And then Christy decides she doesn't care if her husband thinks it'll make her look like a 90+ year old woman, and puts it in the cart anyway. And that my friends, happened last night at Wal-Mart. (are you surprised?!?!) I saw these pretty nightgowns, and I'm getting to a point where its uncomfortable to sleep at night as it is, but when you're not in something comfortable, it doesn't help at all. So i tried the on sale nightgowns on and decided they were comfortable and pretty. And yes, Kenney did give me the eye, but said "well, honey, if its what you want get it". Bless his heart. So here you have it...Myrtle, only pregnant...






P.S.
No I do not have multiple personalities...=)

2 comments:

American Mum said...

Oh Christy. Put it away! You and Michal should get together because I've discovered his Elmer side since we got married. I do not think this is fair as I did not have a warning that Elmer existed before I agreed to marry him. Elmer likes to wear his pants up to his man boobs and wears sneakers that are over 15 years old. Myrle is not innocent! She and Elmer are making the lives of their partners miserable!

Britney said...

Well, I have to say that it's honestly not as bad as I was expecting it to be. But I do have a question. Is it honestly more comfortable to wear the grandma nightie that tangles around your legs than to wear a pj pants with a drawstring waist?