Monday, July 9, 2007

Wonderful, Merciful Savior...

Ok, so Braydon has one CD that he listens to as he goes to sleep. It's called Praise Baby and has about 12 worship songs done in a relaxing way, and is perfect for him to fall asleep to. Since he's had this CD forever and a day using it to fall asleep to, I know the songs by heart. One of the songs on the CD is called Wonderful, Merciful Savior. I've sung it without even thinking about it many times. It wasn't until yesterday during church when a woman sang the song, and I saw the words under her on the projector did it really hit me. The words are so incredibly powerful, and even as I'm typing this, I find my eyes welling up with tears. Here are the words:

"Wonderful, merciful Savior
Precious Redeemer and Friend
Who would have thought that a Lamb
Could rescue the souls of men
Oh you rescue the souls of men

Counselor, Comforter, Keeper
Spirit we long to embrace
You offer hope when our hearts have
Hopelessly lost the way
Oh, we've hopelessly lost the way

You are the One that we praise
You are the One we adore
You give the healing and grace
Our hearts always hunger for
Oh, our hearts always hunger for

Almighty, infinite Father
Faithfully loving Your own
Here in our weakness You find us
Falling before Your throne
Oh, we're falling before Your throne"

The words just shot out at me: "Spirit we LONG to embarce" "You give the healing and grace that our hearts HUNGER for". It just totally spoke to me, and it is amazing to me, that I've sung the song a million times without even realizing the powerful words. I just wanted to share.

1 comment:

Britney said...

I love it when God reveals himself to us through familiar things like songs we've heard everyday for the past three years or a passage of scripture we memorized as a kid. I love that he can change everything just by changing my perspective.