Thursday, September 13, 2007

At what point will it happen?!

I have to admit, I'm frustrated and completely helpless. No matter how long I sit with Braydon on the potty, the child will not poop in the potty. He used to do it all the time. And now, NOTHING we do or don't do or offer or threaten will help him. He's 3 1/2 years old and has the pee thing down perfectly. I'm literally spending hours a day sitting on the bathroom floor begging, bribing, threatening, etc. And nothing to show for it. Except a whole lot of dirty laundry. I've thrown the pull ups out. we're done with them. so when I'm not hurting myself in the bathroom floor, I'm doing laundry. And when I'm not doing laundry, I'm being completely frustrated in the bathroom with Braydon.

He is old enough to be going poop in the potty, but refuses. And it is quickly making me insane.

4 comments:

Britney said...

I've heard teachers at school talk about potty training. One thing I've heard over and over again is that they make their kids go bottomless for a day and generally by the time the day is over they are potty trained. I don't know if it works with pooping though. It may just be the peeing part.

From working in a daycare, I do know that some kids just take longer to master certain tasks. Also, changes can cause regressions. If he feels tension coming from you and Kenney with this issue, he probably is stressed himself and can't relax enough to go.

Also, do you think he needs some more apple juice in his diet to help him?

Britney said...

When did he stop going in the toilet? Maybe if you pinpoint what caused the regression you can find a way to help him feel comfortable again.

Britney said...

this is my last comment, I promise! I found this website. http://www.drgreene.com/21_762.html

Anonymous said...

I agree with the bottomless point made above. I'm some what in the same situation with the 3 yr. old I nanny for. He had to be "potty trained" before starting preschool, so summer was all about figuring out what would make him go. His mom and I found that being "naked boy" really helped. He even got to the point that he hated being naked so just the idea of having to go naked (if he messed in his pants) was enough to make him use the potty. Also, maybe B's system only goes poop certain times of the day, so if you can figure out when he's going the most and get him on the potty during that time maybe he'll be able to go. Good luck! I know it's frustrating (I really do) but he'll get it!!
~Christin