Sunday, September 16, 2007

Some in church, while others....

Kenney, Braydon & I mostly find our Sundays to consist of a fairly regular routine, unless of course we are out of town. We wake up and go to church and then Bible Fellowship group. Afterwards, we either head to my parents house for dinner & then watch football or head back to our house to do the same. It is just something we do and never really thought or cared about how others spend their Sundays.

Today, we were MIA from church because we didn't get home until really late from the State football game. So we had a leisurely breakfast. Afterwards, I threw on some clothes and walked to the gas station in front of our complex to purchase a paper. On my walk there, I saw a police car entering our complex with its lights on, and of course, being the human that I am, was very curious as to why they were in circle. I tried to figure it out, but couldn't without being completely Gladys Cravits (sp?) so I just continued on to the store. I knew that NOTHING goes on in our neighborhood that I won't hear about from our neighbors Leonard or Kim. Neither of them work, and they accept the "responsibility" for being the neighborhood's eyes and ears (and MOUTH!!!) So on my way back to my house, I saw the same couple standing outside in the middle of the road, and there were now 2 police cars. This of course peaked my interest, as this is only like 6 doors down from my own. I figured it was a domestic disturbance of some sort, and didn't want to get involved. I'm nosey, but I'm also 6 months pregnant and DO NOT want to witness anything at this point that may endanger myself or my family. (Not that our neighborhood is that kind of neightborhood, but you get what I'm trying to say.)

Later this morning, we heard our neighbors outside, so I took Braydon out to play with them. No one is sure what exactly happened other than there was one male who was arrested. It was not one of the residents either. Go figure. Something happened that no one actually knows about YET!! hahaha!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO GLAD TO HEAR that the arrestee was NOT a resident of your complex....
Your loving and always concerned Dad

Britney said...

If I had never been to your place I would be concerned about the type of place you live in. But since I've stayed there, I know it's safe.

The ironic part is that the police came to visit the neighborhood while I was there.

Britney said...

Oh! How was the game?

The New Mrs. Rue said...

hahaha, thats true I forgot about that night. Luckily they don't come here very often!! they game was great!! B had a blast & they won!!

~Christy~