Tuesday, November 6, 2007

already?!?

So yesterday was kind of a scary day for me. I was in a LOT of pain, and was worried that I might be leaking some amniotic fluid. So I went into the doctor's office at 3 yesterday afternoon and they did some test to see if I would be going into labor in the next 2 weeks or not. It was negative, so the chances of me having a baby so early are slim (THANK GOODNESS!) They did do an internal exam and found out that I am already 1 cm dilated.

But as I was laying on my bed waiting to go into the doctor, I started realizing all the things that still hadn't been done. My legs and armpits clearly needed a good shaving. My toe nails DESPERATELY needed to be painted. I had not packed my bag for the hospital. So what if something were really wrong and they had to take the baby that day?!? I have to admit I was a little freaked out. But I was also in a lot of pain, so it's not like any of the above were taken care of.

It clearly sent us a message that she's going to come when she darn feels like it, and it would be in our best interest to be prepared!!

1 comment:

Aprille said...

Yea tell her to just hold her horses. My second delivery wasn't like the first one. The first one my toes were all cute with a french pedicure, legs and other places groomed as all good pregnant women's would be etc. That was out the window the second time. However, I did manage to put on makeup and not sweat it all off (thank you to my drama teacher for teaching us how to set stage makeup! Also my house wasn't ready either but he turned out ok. So if your not 119% prepared don't worry about it. It is a little easier the second time around.