Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Panic at the Disco

well, okay, my house is not a disco. But thats the first thing that came into my mind as I typed "panic". This morning was a very scary morning for me. Granted, it is indeed still the morning, but it's felt like a LONG few hours so far.

I woke up at 7 AM when Kenney got out of bed to get ready for work. I laid in bed for a few minutes, then heard Braydon "barking" in his room. Literally barking, like a little puppy dog. That is his sign that he wants Mommy to get him up not Daddy. So I got out of bed and went in barking back at him (ok, yes, perhaps this certifies me as crazy, but it's one of those fun little things Braydon & I have together...) I turned on his light, shut off his night light and gave him a kiss. He got out of bed and ran to the potty to take his pull up off and go potty.

I decided to go back in bed for a few minutes, and B jumped into bed with me while we watched a few minutes of TV together. I sat up from laying down, and all of the sudden I felt the baby make about 10 quick kicks or punches or i dont know. It was so fast and almost frantic like, and then she didn't move at all. I froze in terror and concentrated on her movements. She didn't make any. I changed positions to my side, where she normally moves a lot. Nothing. I started poking my belly to see if she would react, but still nothing. I called Kenney in to the room, and told him what happened. I tried to calm myself down, reassuring myself that she's running out of room and it's normal for her movements to slow down, etc.

Kenney had a look of panic on his face too, which didn't help me any. He sat down and started rubbing my belly too, trying to see if he felt anything. Neither of us felt anything. I just sat there in disbelief thinking I can not possibly deal with losing her. "God don't take her from me." is all I could keep saying in my head. B noticed that something was wrong too and was trying to hug on Kenney and me. It was hard to talk to him to reassure him everything was ok, when I didn't know that they were. Finally after what felt like hours which was only like 20 minutes, she moved again.

I have never in all of my life been so excited to feel her move. Of course, I am keeping track of her movements. I called the doctor's office and the nurse said that to keep track of her movements and if they become less than 4 an hour to call back and they'll fit me in earlier. I have an appointment at 3 this afternoon already scheduled which I'm thankful for.

So yeah, that's what my scary morning has been like. I just want to know she's safe and ok. I feel completely helpless and I'm the one who is carrying her. I hate not being in control. I'll update again after my appointment.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Ugh I remember Dylan doing this to me! It freaked me out. I'm glad she's okay!

KT said...

Oh man...that sounds so scary...I am soo happy to hear that everything is ok.