Saturday, December 22, 2007

Seriously, people....

Ok, maybe I look like a train wreck, or a blob or something that looks like it's about to explode. But do you have to look at me like something is wrong with me? Every where I go lately peoples eyes get all wide when they look at me like I'm doing some amazing or spectacular thing by having the nerve to venture outside of my home.

I don't FEEL that big, but maybe I am. But I promise, even if my water breaks, it will be more embarassing for me than it will be for you, Miss I must have forgotten to look in the mirror before heading to Wal-Mart. And for you old woman, no one cares that "back in your day" you weren't allowed to do X, Y or Z when you were "that pregnant". It was rude of you to comment to your shopping partner loud enough to make sure I heard it. If I had not been with my 3 1/2 yr old, I would have told you off. And for the lady at the Sam's club food place, no, I won't push my baby out in aisle 13, I PROMISE!! (she actually said that to me!)

Just let me waddle in peace please. Thank you, that is all. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You so don't look that big to me!
why people are acting that way,
one may never know.
put them on IGNORE
and enjoy your life!
Your beautiful daughter
will be here soon...
and then they will be staring at her!
~ Tia

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe in this day and age that people would really think you should stay home! I think you should make a joke of it next time and say yes I am going into labor, would you like to help!! I really don't think you are that big, but I really it's people's own discomfort that makes them act that way. I'm sorry you have to experience it, but don't let it get to you. You go out and do as you please. Tell them you maother sent you!!! Love you MOM

emily said...

that's ridiculous. :P but I know you can handle it! :) hehe tell that Makenna to come out NOW :D we want to see pictures! :) hehe

Britney said...

I have my own shopping story that includes people being rude to me. I'm still trying not to be mad about it, but it's not working out well for me.

I hope the next time you post it's to say that Makenna is here. :)