Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Confessions of a Sleep Deprived Mom

Here I am, honest as can be. Maybe this stuff makes me a bad mom, or maybe it just helps me remember that I'm human.

1. I realized I'd let my son go a week without a proper bath (wipe baths had been so much easier and take less time.)
2. I've given Braydon pound cake and called it "breakfast cake" which he promptly devoured b/c I was too tired to fix him a real breakfast.
3. I wore the same clothes for 2 days. ewww.
4. I've forgotten a load of laundry in the washer & then had to rewash it when I found it the next morning. Then had to rewash it the next b/c I had forgotten it again!
5. I secretly put Makenna as close to Kenney when she's crying in the middle of the night to see how long it will take him before he hears her cries (if he does at all!)
6. I've seen B drop food on the floor and then watched him pick it up and put it back in his mouth and didn't say anything.
7. I've fallen asleep on the toilet.
8. I sometimes consider just giving up on breastfeeding, and consider using that free can of Enfamil that was sent to me. Then I remember that I hid the can on purpose for this very reason, so even if I wanted, I can't remember where I put it.
9. I want a rum & coke so bad.
10. I get envious of Kenney because he gets to shower whenever he wants, go to the bathroom by himself, gets to sleep for long periods of time, gets to be clueless about what I really do on a daily basis, and can eat without shoveling the food down before one of the kids needs my attention.
11. I had to pray to keep from hurting my husband when he had the nerve to whine about having a cold.
12. Even though I'm sleep deprived, half-dressed most of the time, and about to lose my patience, I still am looking forward to having more children......

SOMEDAY!!

6 comments:

Innocence Underrated said...

nothing wrong with that =) I did about all of those things with only one child so don't worry. I also hid that free can of formula so I wasn't tempted. I found it when Kian was 3 months old and had no need for it. Breastfeeding definitely gets easier as you go. Hang in there! I've just decided tho, that I will not get another full, complete, restful night's until I'm 50. Guess that's what we bargained for...

Rachel said...

SHOCK! GASP! HORROR! Well I NEVER do any of those things! haha...

although the cake thing might be doing more harm than good. I don't know if I'm brave enough to load Noah up on sugar first thing in the morning!

Aprille said...

yea I am in horror too. I remember wanting so hard to whack Alex in the head in the middle of his nice sweet slumber. I have a very heavy pillow. It gets better as you get more used to it. Also - don't give up on the breastfeeding. Remember how much that stuff costs!!! It is about to kill us between pull-ups diapers and formula. You can do it! Remember - thats your super power(myspace in case your so tired you don't remember)!

audrey said...

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with wearing the same clothes 2 days in a row!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Christy,
Girl, you are just too funny. Well, confession is good for the soul, right? I have done several of those things (you'll just have to guess which ones for yourself) and I don't even have the excuse of being a sleep-deprived mom or even a sleep-uh, satisfied mom. So don't worry. Like you said, you're human.

Mandy
Numbers 6:24-26

Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Ha! I love reading about other normal moms! Makes me feel good knowing I am not alone in this crazy sleep deprived state. :)

-Andrea