Monday, January 14, 2008

Jeans & Fruit


I'm not feeling very creative today, thus the title of my blog is fruit and jeans, which is exactly what I'm going to write about. I ventured to Wal-mart to buy a pair of Jeans. I need something to wear besides the velour pants and sweatpants. I'm close to getting back into my pre-preggo jeans, meaning I can fit into them & zip them, but I have a profound "muffin top" and it tends to be very uncomfortable. And my maternity jeans literally fall off of me. One day I was walking down stairs holding Makenna and I didn't have a free hand to catch my pants, and they actually wound up near the ground by the time I reached the bottom step. Kenney was laughing so hard when he saw me, and told me to go get a new pair of jeans. If you've ever shopepd at Wal-Mart, their sizes tend to run small, which is already bad enough. Add into that the extra flab that housed my beautiful baby, and you just get down right depressing! I will not specify which size jeans I had to buy, but let's just say I left the fitting room almost in tears. But I just have to remember it took 10 months for my body to get like this, I can't expect it to just magically go back in 2 weeks.

As I was walking around, I had to buy some of the lavendar bedtime lotion, since we've had a rough couple of nights with Makenna. At this point, I'll try anything! I grabbed some other random things, and then I remembered I had a coupon for Dole fruit bowls that I'm obsessed with lately. They're the perfect snack, but they've got fruit in them! My favorite is the peaches in strawberry jello!! Yummmy! But as I filled my cart with them, I thought I should get some fresh fruit too. So I headed to the produce aisle. I got oranges, apples, & grapefruits! I can't wait to have my grapefruit for breakfast tomorrow, although I'm sure they won't be nearly as good as the one my Grandma sends!

On a side note, I stopped at Krispy Kreme donuts on the way home because I found a coupon for a free donut that expires tomorrow. Pretty ironic huh?! oh well, atleast I have jeans that fit!

Not too shabby for 2 weeks post-baby huh?!?

7 comments:

Rachel said...

yes, krispe kreme is the answer to your jean troubles!

Britney said...

You look so good!

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic! I hope you enjoyed the donut!
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful and it is better to have a donut then to buy a box to take home!!!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from MOM!

Innocence Underrated said...

you look very good. i must be the only one who couldn't stand to wear any kind of denim until at least 2 months postpartum!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Christy!
First of all, you look great. Second, at least you have sweet little Makenna as the reason for your jeans troubles. We won't go into the reasons for mine...

God bless you all!
Mandy
Numbers 6:24-26