Thursday, January 10, 2008

"mama said there'd be days like this..."


Ok, so for future reference, I'm no longer going to post about how happy I am. I'm quite sure it was because of that post that lead to my ROUGH rough day yesterday. The night before, Makenna wanted to nurse every hour on the hour again, which left me already sleepy in the morning. On top of this, she was horribly gassy all day long. Like with the pain cries the ones that you know that she's hurting. I felt helpless because no matter what I did, she was in pain. I didn't know if she's too young for the gas drops just yet, (which I'm going to ask about at her 2 week check up today!) and it was stressing me out.

On top of Makenna being so incredibly fussy, Braydon was driving me crazy. I hate to say this, but he just was. Maybe it was because Makenna was so upset, I dunno, but he seriously would not sit still, would not listen, and of course, did not take a nap. (I really can't blame him since Makenna was crying so loudly though...) So I had a tired, overactive 3.5 year old driving me nuts. I tried to bribe him with everything I knew, but nothing worked. And then I had a fussy, gassy, 11 day old baby that nothing I did would calm her down. And then I had a sleepy, stressed out mommy that all she wanted to do was to sleep and have two minutes of quiet.

On top of all of that, (can you see that I had a mountain of issues yesterday?) Kenney got all defensive when he got home saying he was just as tired as I was. I'm not sure where he got the idea that I was trying to have a "I'm way more tired than you are" contest. All I said was "I'm so tired." and all I wanted in return was "I'm sorry you had a rough day honey" or "It will get better". Instead, he just was really snappy with me & Braydon (who was still driving both of us mad!) Then all of the sudden once I finally got Makenna calmed down and back to nursing well, he wanted to be all cuddly. This of course lead to him being offended when I didn't want to be touched because I was exhausted, had been hung on to all day and I just didn't feel like hugging. Soooooooooo......I'm just praying that I learn to balance life's ups and downs without losing my mind.

On a side note, my new look to my blog is courtesy of my wonderful sister, Rachel. I don't know how to post a link to her page, but its the "american mum" page on the right hand side....Thanks Rach for your website help, as well as the help with my crazy household!!

9 comments:

Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Those days happen don't they! I call them "Chocolate days!" Thankfully every day is not like that or we'd REALLY lose our minds or being incredibly obese! ( as if our minds aren't already lost - we have small children! :) )

I hope today is a wonderful day for you. Kiss those sweet, beautiful babies of yours!

-Andrea

Rachel said...

It'll get better. Did you get the sling?

btw...I got my new camera today!

Aprille said...

it does get better - from someone not too far down the road. it gets immensely better eventually. you can do it! call me if you need to scream or cry. i know those moments well.

Innocence Underrated said...

this is what scares me about having a second child haha. i remember crying with Kian when he was tiny and getting the "i'm tired too' speech from my hubby. i'm with rachel on the sling-i used it for the first 3 months just so i could make myself a sandwich or anything when they just want to be held! and if it's still yucky today, just take them all in your bed, with our without a movie, and try to relax =)

Melanie said...

oi vey. Sending lots of hugs your way!!

Anonymous said...

ah, dear one, hang in there...
"it came to PASS..."

I'm here for you if you need me!
really!
~tia

Anonymous said...

Being that I am a husband, I totally get where Kenney is coming from, but I DO get the impact of cumulative exhaustion and all that goes with that. So, the old John Denver song rings true: "Some days are diamonds, sone days are stones...." So maybe tomorrow will be a 24-karat day!
All my love to all of you,
Dad

Britney said...

I love the picture of Makenna on this post.

I wish I could come help you by entertaining Braydon or something. I miss you guys a lot. I'll pray for you, my sweet friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy,
I was thinking about you all today and I'm so sorry to hear you had a tough day. I hope tomorrow will be better--I'll be praying for you all. (I have to admit, though, it was fun to read your post.) Your blog looks great, and Rachel's too!
Give Braydon a hug for me and kiss Makenna too!

Mandy
Numbers 6:24-26