Saturday, January 26, 2008

PANICK!

This morning, at 4:45am, I woke up panicked because I couldn't remember when the last time I had fed Makenna was. I jumped up and Makenna was swinging in her swing, just as sound as can be. She woke up when I checked to make sure she was breathing, and then let her eat. As I sat there figuring out the last time I had fed her, I realized that it was at around 9 last night. THANK THE LORD I finally got some uninterrupted sleep. It reminds me that He did not turn his head from the rough few days I had, he was just waiting until the weekend.

On a side note, I pulled out a loaf of pound cake that I had received as a Christmas gift out of the freezer last night, and created the perfect "before bedtime" snack for me! here's a picture!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleep, glorious sleep! So glad you got some well-deserved rest!
Dad

Aprille said...

sweet - congratulations! I hate that initial feeling. I still have that when Nate sleeps too long - happening often while teething (?)- good for you!

Anonymous said...

I rewmember that feeeling oh so well. I hope she will start to sleep for you every night. It's amazing what a few hours of uninterrupted sleep will do for you!! Love mom

Melanie said...

Wow! That's really wonderful. I didn't get anything like that at all until Dylan was almost 8 mos old! I do remember that feeling of panic though, the first time he sttn.

Rachel said...

Am I a bad mommy since the first night he slept through the night (9 months old) I did the dance of joy before checking on him??