Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Priorities being what they may...


As you may have noticed, my posts have become scare lately, but I do believe I have a small excuse, don't you?!? I've been super busy lately, adjusting to the concept of being a mother to two children. Although my time is spent usually caring for kiddos or sleeping, I've also had a lot of time to just think. Breastfeeding in the middle of the night is a perfect time to let my mind wander. No one is awake, it's just me and my sweet Makenna.

I am honestly so content right now. Despite the fact that I don't fit into anything (my pre-preggo clothes are still a bit too snug, and my pregnancy clothes look ridiculous on me now!), I can barely squeeze in a few minutes to go the bathroom without being interupted, and many other things, I truly am happy. I love my family, I love my husband, and I love my life. I marvel at the fact that I can be so content and happy while doing relatively "nothing" aside for caring for my family. It is such an amazing feeling to be this content.

On top of feeling overwhelmingly content with my life, I am so thankful. Thankful to have an amazing husband who works very hard to provide for our family. He rarely complains and I am so thankful to have him as a partner and a dear friend. I'm thankful for the chance to be at home with my children. Sure, we're making sacrafices in order to be able to do this, but it's well worth it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be content is one of the greatest gifts from God. I am very pleased to read how you feel about your family. God is so very good.
Love,
Dad

bethany said...

I'm glad you're happy and content, even with the stress that a new baby brings. Enjoy it, and make sure Kenney knows how much you respect how well he is taking care of your family. :)

Rachel said...

hey cool header. where did you get that?