Thursday, March 20, 2008

counting the tiny feetprints...

Last night, I started writing a fundraising letter to send out to some business and friends in order to raise money for the March of Dimes' March for Babies. As I began to write the letter, I was struck at all the people I know who have lost babies besides myself. Miscarriage, stillborn, infant death, prematurity, etc. It began to grieve my heart to think of such loss. It seems truly unnatural and awful for a parent to lose his/her own child. I was reminded of Susie's recent post about how it IS indeed unnatural for this to happen. God did not create us to have to be able to say goodbye! We were made to live forever, and not have to deal with this type of heartache!

Odds are you know someone who has lost a child. You may not even know about it because many women and/or couples who have suffered a miscarriage feel that they can't or shouldn't talk about it. Statistics show that 1 out of every 4 women have had or will have a miscarriage! HOW CRAZY IS THAT?!? So the next time you hear about a woman who has experienced a miscarriage, please don't abandon her! This is the time she needs your support and love. If you hear of a couple who has discovered abnormalities on an ultrasound, don't shy away out of fear of what to say. Encourage them to seek a second opinion, and to not take the doctor's word as an absolute rule. God alone is the only one who knows the outcome of each pregnancy.

Sorry for such a somber post this morning, it's just on my heart. If you'd like to join me in the March for Babies by either walking with me on April 19th, 2008 or by donating, feel free to send me an e-mail, leave a comment, or click on the link in the right side bar!

1 comment:

Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I just donated! Thanks so much for making this available to us.

-Andrea