Monday, March 3, 2008

Dream Moods...

Okay, so I had another disturbing dream, and I decided to go to my favorite source for dream intrepretation, dreammoods.com. My dream was that I was in a mall (apparently I was working at a store-the same place that Kenney was working) and I saw some friends from high school (Sheila, Kate, Suzie, Jen, Sarah, Katie) and I decided to go out and say hi, since it had been so long since I'd seen them. I decided to just go with them, and left my job and Kenney w/o telling them what I was doing. Then, we were driving in the car, and came to a house, where we all got out. Makenna was suddenly with me, and I asked the girls I was with when they thought they'd be going back by the mall. They said they had other things to do, so maybe by tomorrow. I started to worry about Braydon, and Kenney, and then I looked down at Makenna and she had ants crawling all over her. I started to freak out completely, desperately trying to get them off of her, but they wouldn't get off of her. Then this guy came out of the house, and took her from me, trying to help me get the ants off of her, just as the girls were backing out of the driveway. I looked at the car, to wave goodbye, and when I turned back, the ants had turned into spiders. At that point, I absolutely lost it, and desperately tried to get the spiders off. And then it began to rain, no make that pour. We were soaked, but atleast it got the spiders off of her. The man then turned to go inside, and I asked him if he would give me a ride to the mall. He drove me, and Makenna and I were in the back seat, but her car seat didn't have the base, so I was trying to buckle her in, but I kept falling because the man kept taking corners really sharply. Then I was magically in a movie theater, with Kenney watching a movie. And then I woke up.

Here is what dream moods had to say:

To dream that you are at the mall, represents your attempts in making a favorable impression on someone. The mall is also symbolic of materialism and the need to keep up with the trends, fads, and/or the latest technology.

To see ants in your dream, signifies your general dissatisfaction in your daily life. You are feeling neglected and insignificant. Petty things will annoy you throughout the following day. You will learn that cooperation will be the only way to achieve your desires.

Ants also symbolize hard work, diligence and industry. Increase business activities are expected. On a less positive note, ants symbolize social conformity and mass action. In this regard, you may feel that your life is too structured and orderly.

According to the biblical interpretations, ants symbolize diligence concerning the things of God. Despite its small size, the ant lays up substance during times of plenty. (Prov 30:25)

To see a spider in your dream, indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or that you may want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. The spider is also symbolic of feminine power. Alternatively, a spider may refer to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider, it symbolizes misfortune and general bad luck.

To dream that you get wet from the rain, signifies that you will soon be cleansed from your troubles and problems. Rain also symbolizes fertility and renewal.

If you are in the backseat of the car, then it indicates that you are putting yourself down and are allowing others to take over. This may be a result of low self-esteem or low self-confidence. Overall, this dream symbol is an indication of your dependence and degree of control you have on your life.

To dream that you are watching a movie, suggests that you are watching life pass you by. Perhaps you are living vicariously through the actions of others. To dream that you are in a movie theater, indicates that you are attempting to protect yourself from your emotions and/or actions. Viewing them on a movie screen projects them onto another person and thus makes those feelings/actions distant . You may be protecting yourself from experiencing them.

To dream of a crying baby, is indicative of a part of yourself that is deprived of attention and needs some nurturing. Alternatively, it represents your unfulfilled goals and a sense of lacking in your life.

Sooooo...anyone want to venture a guess at an interpretation?

3 comments:

Innocence Underrated said...

wow that's a lot of things to interpret. Or you could do what I do and say "man what did I EAT last night? clearly it was the food that made me have weird dreams!" that or being a mom of a newborn with little sleep and uneven hormones would do it. =)

Aprille said...

oh oh I know I know !! Your a mom with a young baby who isn't getting enough sleep and you never get anytime for yourself who is also stressed out about daily life because of the uncertainty of the future. Also, if you are anything like me you are frustrated because you can't just snap your fingers and fix it/control it. Anything sound familiar?

Anonymous said...

I have to say my first reation was like Sarah's, "What on earth did you EAT!!!". But I do think being sleep deprived and concerned about Makenna's tests today just added to a choatic dream. Sometimes the dreams are just reflections of what's going on during the day. I think you will be more relaxed after today. When you get to sleep through the night again will help too. Don't try to analyze too much.The craziness just comes with being a mom!!!! From your crazy Mom