Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Even at church...

You know, I shouldn't be surprised, because we live in Rocky Mount. I've written a few blogs in the past about the racial issues in Rocky Mount and how they impact us as we are a biracial family. Today, Kenney & I went to Braydon's Easter egg hunt and party at his preschool. Kenney helped me take both kiddos out to my car, then he had to head back to work. As he was walking from my car to his own car, he happened to pass a woman sitting in the passenger seat of a car, with a child in the backseat under the awning (sp?) at the back of the church. They were obviously waiting while someone was running in to pick up another child. Kenney walked beside her car, and as Kenney neared the front of the car, the lady quickly locked her car doors. Kenney glanced up when he heard the locking sound, and she just glared at him with a suspicous look! I mean come on lady! Number one, my husband was dressed professionally (not that would-be car jackers couldn't sport a dress shirt & dress pants and nice shoes, but you know what I mean!) and she had seen him as he & I had walked out of preschool together! Ugh! Such ignorance is just crazy to me. I just don't understand it!

3 comments:

krysten said...

that's pretty rude at preschool/church, the glaring at him especially! no reason for that. i have say on the flip side, i tend to do that when ANYONE comes near my car, especially if I'm at a parking lot I'm not comfortable. I've done it when weird looking women come near me (i've had bad experiences with homeless people coming at me even in my car!) but don't pick people because or race/color to lock your doors by.

Britney said...

how frustrating!

Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I'm so sorry, Christy. Such ignorance on her part!

-Andrea