Thursday, March 13, 2008

a little something

A lot has been on my mind and on my heart. Friends suffering and dealing with loss, loved ones facing possible life-threatening illnesses. Please know that all of you are loved and thought of often and prayed for.

I never know what exactly to say sometimes. But this just sort of came out of me over the course of a few days, after endless calls reminding me just how fragile human beings are, and how short our spans on this earth can be. So please kiss your spouse and tell them that you love him or her. Stop reading your newspaper and tell your child that you love them. Call your parent up and tell them that you're sorry. We're not promised tomorrow...

"Today"

She didn't know, four years ago
she'd be saying goodbye
to the man that she loved.

God called him home, he left her alone
her arms aching to hold him once more,
to kiss him again.

So I'll hold you a little tighter,
I'll kiss you a little longer
and I'll always tell you "I love you!"

I'll live today, and I'll love today
because that's all that we are promised: today.

She didn't know just 3 months ago
she'd be holding her little baby
fighting for his life.

She knows today, he's going away
her heart's breaking
to see him smiling and laughing again.

So I'll hold you a little tighter,
I'll kiss you a little longer
And I'll always tell you "I love you!"

I'll live today, and I'll love today
because that's all we are promised: today.

He didn't know seven years ago
that the cancer she'd fought and won
would come back again.

This time she's scared, that she won't be spared
kissing her cheek, doesn't need to speak.
She knows that he loves her!

Because he held her a little tighter,
he kissed her a little longer
and always said that "I love you!"

She'll live today,
and she'll love today
because that's all that we are promised: today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will understand that I don't have the words to comment on this blog. You will also understand that words from me simply are not necessary.
All my love,
Dad