Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Shepherd of love...

Last night, our church presented their Easter production "The Shepherd of Love". It had good music, a pretty impressive set, and a great message. I hope and pray that people will be touched by the sacrafice that Jesus made for each and every one of us.

It was Good Friday, so I fully anticipated getting a little emotional while watching the part where Jesus was crucified. It was not that part that actually got me teary-eyed. It was the part where Jesus was performing miracles that left me fighting back tears. To see men and women healed, to see people who couldn't walk, walk. To see a man raised from the dead. Perhaps it was all to real to me now with Shannon having passed recently. Even typing this, I'm fighting back those same tears. These were real people that Jesus touched. People like you and me who had lives filled with heartache and pain. One touch from Jesus restored their broken hearts and their broken lives.

This same Jesus wants to heal my heart, and your heart, today. He sees your brokenness. He saw you when you were crying at night when you thought no one was there or knew what you were going through. He is waiting right now to take you in His arms and to love you. This is not a guarantee of an easy life, but a life of hope, knowing that although horrible things may happen, we have Jesus to catch us and to heal us and to free us.

"come to me, all ye who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My parents went to the drama at your church and my mom thought it was wonderful!! She couldn't stop talking about it. Her favorite part was the lamb!!!

Anonymous said...

This same Jesus is the most significant and wonderful Person in my life. He indeed is the Healer and the One Who gives us rest.
Love,
Dad