Tuesday, April 22, 2008

party prep...

B's birthday party is this weekend, and I am busily trying to get everything together! I heard it's supposed to be rainy on Saturday, which kinda stinks because we're having it a local park. Our townhouse is just really too small to have many people over, and the idea of not having to clean my house along with planning a party is a great idea!

I always get kinda nervous about parties, because I'm always worried I won't be prepared enough. Like I won't have enough goodie bags or food or people who didn't RSVP will show up. It's not that they wouldn't be welcomed to the party, they were invited to begin with. But it's the feeling that I won't have enough (fill in the blank) and have an awkward social blunder.

Oh well. Such is life I suppose. People don't RSVP for weddings, so why should I think they'd RSVP for a birthday party?!? Haha, things are so different down here. I invited everyone in Braydon's preschool class only 3 have told me a definate yes or no.

I got a pirate pinata as a surprise for Braydon. My cousin, Aprille, had two pinata's at her son Nate's birthday party, and B just thought these were just the coolest things in the world! I still have to stop by the park and figure out how we're going to do it in the picnic shelter in case it's raining!! Maybe I'll just assign Kenney to this task!

I still have to order Braydon's cake, but since Thursday is cake day at Food Lion, I'll wait to order it until then because I'll save 2 bucks! We're doing pizza for lunch, and I'm just going to do Little Caesars a) b/c it's right near us b) because it's cheap! Nothing like planning a party on a budget! haha!

Any suggestions for activities aside from the pinata, eating cake and opening presents? The age range will be from 1 year to 7 yrs. Thanks guys!

6 comments:

Aprille said...

Well we had a new thing we did at the last party. My aunt had a pinata - like thing she made that she filled with small balloons. Inside some of the balloons were little pieces of paper that had numbers. The numbers corresponded with a little gift from the dollar store (crayons, coloring book, glow stick). The kids stomped the balloons to see if there was a prize inside. It was fun. Kids love popping things and making noise. You could just forgo the pinata part and just throw them up in the air over the kids. Also, I am about 80% sure we will be there. So consider me RSVPd. I can do this game for you if you would like! Let me make 100% sure I can come and I will follow up with you ok!

Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Will there be a playground near the shelter? If so, then you are golden! I have found that kids have tons of fun just with each other. At Eve's party we had a football. That was it - the kids had a blast!!! We were moving so the circumstances were a bit different.
It just goes to show that it doesn't have to be fancy for kids to have fun.

The pinata will be awesome - I have never done that. I saw/heard (can't remember which) of one child's party that had two pinantas - the first was filled with veggies - ha! the second was filled with candy. I thought that was hilarious!

-Andrea

Aprille said...

Andrea, that was me and my evil sense of humor. We have had several parties since then with the family and the kids have brought up the veggies several times! muahh ha ha haa! I don't think B would appreciate it though. We wot do that to him. lol

Innocence Underrated said...

i agree with the playground you're set, another simple thing: bubbles! either to let the kids take home or just play with there. heck hide and seek, duck duck goose will keep them occupied =)

Elizabeth F. said...

Let em' play at the park! he..he...

Melanie said...

I have lots of bubbles that I picked up at the dollar store, I'd be happy to bring them along! Bubbles are always a hit, no matter what age people are, it seems. Heh.