Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday Toot!



Okay, so this is my first "Tuesday Toot". It's where we as mommies can brag about something we've done in the past week, big or small. Don't think you've done anything worth noting? Did you manage to survive a grocery run with three children in tow? Or go to the bathroom without a child interupting?!? Did you get a shower in AND put makeup on before leaving the house? If you've managed to do any of these things or anything at all, you've got something to toot! So toot away! I'd love to see what you've done, and to see others, who've done something fantastic this past week, go check it out!

This past week our church held our annual ladies' evening of excellence and the theme was "for everything there is a season". People volunteer to be a hostess of a table and to decorate the tables. Basically the church provides the table, the chairs and a table cloth and you provide everything else. I knew that I wanted to do winter immediately, and was so proud that I did everything myself! I even managed to help another table for our bible fellowship group, the fall one (I did the place cards and helped come up with theme, and helped to decorate) and I also did the place cards for the breast cancer awareness table. (If you look at the bottom of the picture, you'll see the pink table with the pearls on it) I had a wonderful time, and was so glad my friend Elizabeth was able to come with me!

The speaker was Carol Kent, and she was just wonderful! Her story is just so powerful, and I was so encouraged after leaving there. I wish I could have had all of you out in blogland come with me. She was just incredible.

But anyways, here are some pictures of the tables.

My winter themed table

the fall table
breast cancer awareness table

2 comments:

Elizabeth F. said...

IT was so much fun...a treat to get out without kids. Thanks for inviting me! The speaker was awesome and the decorations were beautiful. You are so creative!

Elizabeth F. said...

Hey! Just wanted to tell you, ground Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and Folgers Gourmet coffee at the Dollar STar for $1 a bag. Not all expired. Awesome. On one of the in-caps in the back Goldfish $1 a bag, lots of cereal, granola bars, etc...$.50 each!