Wednesday, May 14, 2008

WWWat: Chocolate!

Okay, so this week I had planned on making a chocolate eclair cake for my Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) meeting, and taking pictures of it and have it in plenty of time for me to post. Alas, my dear husband left the whipped topping out over night so I was unable to make it for MOPS. But, I realized today that my choices were limited, and so I decided to make one anyways...so here goes my entry, albeit late, as well as a recipe for a yummy dessert. (on a side note, I got this recipe from my friend Kara a long time ago, but misplaced it. I tried to remember it to the best of my abilities, and I'm sure I probably messed up, but hey it works...so I appologize if I butchered the recipe! I've also tweaked a few things just for fun!)
Chocolate eclair cake:
Combine 1 large box of vanilla instant pudding and 3 cups of milk. Wisk until mixture is mostly lump free. Fold in (1) 8 oz. container of whipped topping (I chose french vanilla!) until well mixed.
In a 9x13 pan, line graham crackers on the bottom.
Spread 1/2 of pudding mixture over graham crackers.
(Although this was not apart of the original recipe, I chose to add this step) Sprinkle chocolate chips over pudding mixture.
Lay graham crackers over the entire pudding/choco chips mixture.
Spread remaining pudding mixture on top of graham crackers.
add more choco chips on top if you'd like. On top of that, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to have another layer of graham crackers, but I ran out.
Place one can of chocolate frosting (remove the foil seal first!) in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, in order to be able to easily pour the frosting over the cake.
If you're trying to make this cake while wearing your 4.5 month old daughter and trying to take pictures of confections, this may happen to you as well...
(not only did I drizzle it on the table accidently, Makenna even got drizzled!)
Place in fridge overnight, or for atleast 4-5 hours.
ENJOY!!
Oh, and while your waiting for your cake while its in the fridge, go ahead and finish what's left! It's only wise not to be wasteful!! =)
HAPPY WWWAT! Go visit Rachel to see more participants!

3 comments:

American Mum said...

I've never seen that before. Looks good! You know they don't sell graham crackers here.

Kim said...

My grandmother makes a cake like that - so rich, but so good. Hope you enjoyed!

Amanda said...

looks EXCELLENT!