Monday, June 30, 2008

6 months and counting!


On December 29th, 6 months ago, you popped (quite literally) into our family, and into our hearts. You were only 7 lbs 6 oz, and 19.5 inches long. You're still quite a petite little girl though, but your doctor says you're just perfect. We think so too!

You have your daddy wrapped around your little fingers. He is so proud of his little girl, and is not ashamed to say it! He tells everyone he knows about you, and the little new things you do every day. He 'fights' Mommy over who gets to 'wear' you when we're out in public. You've got an amazing daddy, Makenna, that is for sure. He is a hard worker, and a great man! He loves the Lord, and is looking forward to teaching you what a gentleman is like by his example.

Today, you have your two bottom front teeth, and you seem to be working on a few more at the time. You can roll over...and over...and over...and that is your main means of transportation, aside from being carried, of course! You're just starting to try to scoot yourself, and when you shove your head into the carpet, you move much better!

When you were born, you came with a full head of hair, and it's growing! It's becoming curly and theres one big curl on your left side right behind your ear that just melts me into a puddle. You are just such a beautiful girl!

You still are nursing like a champ, and Mommy could not be more pleased! We've offered you different kinds of baby food, such as avacado, banana, apple and butternut squash. Sometimes you're interested in eating, other times you're not into. I don't mind one bit because when you're ready to eat, I know that you will! (Besides, I secretly enjoy the days when you decide not to eat pureed food because this means you want to nurse more, which means more "Mommy & makenna time!")

You've slept through the night for a while, but now you're back to enjoying your nighttime feedings. We're working on getting you to sleep in your crib when we can, and we know eventually you'll get it down.

You're big brother just loves you to pieces. He can't wait to play with you, and sometimes tries to wake you up when you're napping because he wants to make you laugh. He loves doing shows for you that include singing, dancing and are complete with a big finale! (I think he gets that from Papa Sumner!!) He even tries to pick you up out of your exercauser because he wants to take care of you, which Mommy likes, but sometimes is worried that he just doesn't understand how he rough he is and how fragile you are!

I didn't know what it would be like to have a baby girl, but I wouldn't have it any other way!! I used to hate pink (and still don't love it) but you just look so stinkin' cute in it, I can't NOT dress you in it! Speaking of dresses, I used to say that you were not going to be a dress girl when you were in my belly, but alas, you wear them quite often. Once again, you just look so adorable in them!

Makenna, I love you from deep within me. I pray over you all the time. I never understood what my parents meant when they said they prayed for my future husband since I was a baby, until you were born. I pray that God would protect him, to keep him safe, to help him meet every challenge he faces the best way he can, that he would come to know God, and have a very real, intimate relationship with Him. I pray these same things over you too! I cannot wait to see what God has in store for you, my precious baby girl. Never settle, never look back, never give up! I love you with all my heart.

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I am living, my baby you'll be!"

3 comments:

Innocence Underrated said...

she's too cute! way to go on bypassing the 6 month nursing mark!

Elizabeth F. said...

so sweet! Love this post. She is so cute too. Happy 6 mos. b-day!

Shelly said...

She is so beautiful. So beautiful.