Tuesday, June 24, 2008

B's appointments

I took Braydon to the speech evaluation last week, and the lady said he definately had some problems with articulation, especially with blending sounds and with later developing sounds. She said that our insurance probably wouldn't cover speech therapy for him though, because he doesn't have a developmental delay. She did suggest taking him back to the Ear Nose and Throat doctor though to have his hearing tested, which we have scheduled for the 1st of July. We also have him scheduled with a child psychologist in mid July.

I ask that you pray for me, I really am struggling with Braydon right now.

5 comments:

Innocence Underrated said...

are there any summer camps or rec programs he can go to for a few hours to give you a break? i know there are a lot up here for even preschool kids, that might help? hoping things get better for you soon!

Elizabeth F. said...

Check out First United Methodist Church...they have inexpensive day camps (just a couple hours)of fun art stuff, cooking classes, etc... Just call them to get a schedule of classes offered. My kids went last year and loved it. They will go to a few this summer as well. Also, how about VBS? That might be fun!
I'll be praying for you!

Innocence Underrated said...

i dotn know anything about services down there, but up here if a child has severe enough articulation after age 3 the school districts pick up that child for services and pay for it, the same way early intervention pays for children 0-3 years of age, all through the public health dept. not sure if they do that down there...

Melanie said...

I don't have any advice, just lots of *hugs*

bethany said...

I don't really have any advice, either. My mom said that ages 3/4 were the hardest for her, and she just stuck with it and eventually things got better. I know that doesn't really help.

People like to say that God never gives you anything you can't handle, but I don't agree. I think He always gives you more than you can handle without His help. I'll definitely pray for you.

I guess my suggestion is this...find sometime during the day/night that you and Kenney can pray for B together. Pray for specific things, like his speech and articulation and behavior and everything. Pray that God will give you wisdom for each specific thing, and I believe that He will. But I think it's important to do it with Kenney, or else you feel like you're just alone in all this.

(hugs)