Thursday, July 10, 2008

in all honesty...

To be quite honest, I've been a terrible wife for the past few months. I was going through some sort of funk, I suppose. When I made dinner, it was hamburger helper, hot dogs or something that required little thought or effort. Most other nights it was sandwiches. How sad is that? I really have no excuse because I'm home full time, ya know?

But this funk that I was talking about was quite extreme. I didn't want to really go any where. I really didn't even want to get dressed for that matter. My poor husband...Not only was he working 7-5 with a 30 minute lunch at his desk, where he still worked, but he came home to an messy house, two children most likely still in PJs, a wife who desperately needed "what not to wear" to come take over, (and tell her to snap out of it and get in the shower!) and then sandwiches offered up for dinner, that he would most likely make. And then he had to do the dishes that remained in the sink, because his wife failed to do them, yet again.

But then I got an e-mail from a friend of mine, asking me to do her a favor, to call into this conference call and listen for 20 minutes. I would get a free thing of make up, and who doesn't like free make up? So I listened to a lady who I know from a church I used to go to talk about Mary Kay.

My friends Jill and Angela have been trying to get me to sell Mary Kay for a while, but it was on this phone call where something clicked with me. My life was not what I wanted it to be. I loved my kids, but I kind of felt choked out of my own life by taking care of them, and almost lost my identity as a woman in my identity as a breastfeeding mom. (moms who b/f may understand that).

So I thought about it, and talked it over with Kenney. I was expecting him to say no that it wasn't a good idea, and then I could let go of the thought. But when I brought it up, he said he thought it was a great idea. (I'm sure he was excited at the thought that I would be wearing make up again!! haha!)

At first, I told Angela that I was interested but I couldn't do it until next month (there is an initial investment), but I just felt like I should go for it! After talking again with Kenney, he said go for it. So I did, and I am officially a Mary Kay lady!

I've started to take care of myself again lately. I'm not bumming around in my colored wife beaters (yes, I admit I wore them quite often). I've been doing my hair, and my make up every day again. I'm taking care of the house again. (i'll post about my dinner later)...My kids are dressed on a daily basis too.

Even if I make no money from Mary Kay, it helped push me back into taking care of myself and my family, and for that I'm extremely thankful.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

ooh good! I love their eye makeup remover and I'll happily be a customer!