Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Is there really greener grass?

I am always wanting bigger and better things...I see so and so's blog and decide I've "got" to get one like they have. And then I venture further down my bloglines, and come to another post about what so-and-so has made for dinner, and I think, man why can't I be like her and make such great food for my family?

But then I speak with another so-and-so who tells me she wants the camera I have so badly and she found herself at best buy stalking it....And then yet another so-and-so confesses she wishes she had the courage to have her own business like I do and sell Mary Kay. And so-and-so wishes that there were more people like me (reaallyyy?? like me?!?) that worked at her office who were really into early intervention.

And then there are other posts I've read from random so-and-so's that all pretty much say the same thing.....We all want what we don't have.

But what we fail to realize is that there is someone, somewhere looking at our grass and wishing their grass was like ours....

4 comments:

Innocence Underrated said...

amen. i never ever think that someone might be lookin at me, thinking what i have is great! good thoughts. i usually tell myself to knock it off after a few minutes. i blame the media, they make us want things we would otherwise care less about.

ps-i DID have the trial version of photoshop, which is why I'm so insanely in love with it. sigh.

Aprille said...

haha it was nice to be reminded yesterday how fortunate I am to have the house. Thanks!

And the camera - hey - I don't mind not having it. It gives me motivation to improve my photography skills and get my finances in line so I can pay CASH! I like that I don't have one yet. It gives me something to look forward to for later. I actually feel bad for people who have everything they want. The anticipation of my house made me appreciate it soo much more because I knew what a blessing it was. Your a good girl there Miss Christy!

Melanie said...

Ahh, the everlasting quest for contentment. I strive to achieve this on a daily basis- it's amazing the things we can "manage" to live without, lol! I find that when I just look around me, I'm luckier than 95% of the world, and I'm happier than most of them, too. Simplicity has become a big thing for me in the last few months, and it's soooo wonderful!

Mrs. Staff Sergeant said...

Oh boy, that sure is the truth! Thanks for the reminder. We should all just be a little more satisfied with our on "grass" don't you think? :)