Thursday, August 14, 2008

Whirlwind...

That's the best way to describe the past few weeks. On July 31st, we left to go to NY for our vacation and had a fabulous time. I look forward to getting my pictures on the computer some time soon, but with all that is going on, I dare say that something has to be slacked on, and unfortunately, that is my computer time.

This week I started teacher orientation/workdays at the christian school where I'll be teaching part time at. It was a whole lot of information to take in, especially with this being my first teaching experience. Yes, I've "taught" in preschool, but that does not in any way prepare me for what I've gotten myself into. On top of being a new teacher, I'm teaching at a Christian school, which includes a whole rule book of things such as dress code, conduct codes, and discipline codes. I remember fondly the tally system at the christian school I graduated from, and it just seems odd to now be on the other side of it. So last night I was up to my elbows (literally) in papers, curriculum, student handbook, staff handbook, calendars, etc trying to throw together a syllabus for my journalism class and map out my first week's lesson plans. This school requires that you actually turn in your lesson plans ahead of time, which I suppose is good, but a little intimidating. My poor parents, I must have called them 30 times last night asking them questions.

Aside from my new part time teaching position, my Mary Kay has been quite successful. I'm enjoying that very much and find it very exciting. Most Monday nights are Mary Kay nights, and some Thursdays are for training. And then I've got parties scheduled too! The rest of the month is full! How cool is that!! And not to worry, Friday nights are usually reserved for my family!

Anyways, it's all been a whirlwind, and I have to say it's quite busy here...I suppose I could be bored out of my mind (or as Braydon calls it "boring")!


No comments: