Thursday, September 18, 2008

Arrrr, it be my mom's birthday!

Okay, so today is now 2 different joyous events: my beloved mother's birthday...AND International Talk Like a Pirate Day! How cool is that? We called and sang to my mom "Happy Birthday" with a pirate twist. Excellent, huh?
Avast, me hearty! For those of you wondering, it is indeed an actual day. There's a website and everything. It was one of those things that started with a group of friends who set aside a day each year to talk like a pirate and has grown since. Perhaps it's because everyone loves to talk like a pirate from time to time, right me matey?!?

So for our dear "brother" James, and for my son, I ask that you would honor this "holiday" of sorts, by wishing my mom Happy Birthday in the comments (she reads my page....maybe someday soon we might just bring her over to the dark side of blogging. We got my dad, so she's next!!) and then talk like a pirate....at random times...to random people...and tell them that today is international talk like a pirate day!
There's lots of fun things to do today, like watch Pirates of the Carribean, Sword fight with balloon swords, etc. Or you can create a pirate identity like I did. This is what the site told me about my inner pirate: (edited due to a little bit of A/C)
Mad Mia The Executioner (formerly known as Christy) Your super powers are super hearing and finding clean underwear, but you don't look good in Spandex and you can't parallel park. You never sweat even when you use your super strength. You cloud men's minds to have your way with them. You use your flying ability even if you've been drinking. If only you had super speed it wouldn't take you all day to put your socks on.

Don't know how to talk like a pirate? Here's a crash course on pirate speak. Don't have time to learn some pirate lingo? There's an "English to pirate" translator here!
yo ho and a bottle of rum.......

3 comments:

Aprille - The Muddled said...

ARGGG Happy Birthday Aunt Janice! Ye been havin a crazy year! Have an equally exciting but not quite so dramatic birthday! I will toast you here with me bottle of rum - err "mokey"

Innocence Underrated said...

happy birthday to your mom. and Strong Musuem (www.strongmuseumofplay.org) has a special weekend dedicated to pirates today! I thought it looked like a lot of fun! don't forget shiver me timbers (whatever that means!)

Kara said...

That cracks me up! National TALK like a Priate day! Who knew??? Did you know that September 27 is National Alpaca Day. How random is that fact??? LOL! Don't forget to tell your mom HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY from me! :)