Friday, September 5, 2008

Making Great Strides, one lipstick at a time!!

I don't know how familiar any of you are with Nate & Tricia in the Outer Banks of NC, but I've been following their story for quite some time. To be honest, I can't even remember how I came to his blog, but I did, and ever since, I've been led to pray for them, and hope that you will too. Tricia has Cystic Fibrosis (CF) and was preparing for a lung transplant when they found out they were expecting their little miracle baby! Gwyneth was a micro-premie, born 15 weeks early, and is a fighter! God truly has had His hand on her and her parents! Tricia now has had a double lung transplant, and now is dealing with a form of cancer that sometimes accompanies the transplant. (I appologize if I've unintentionally misquoted or misrepresented any info here. To here their story in their own words visit here for a recap of their story.)

Recently, Nate posted that he is only $2500 away from his goal of $15,000 for his Great Strides walk, which helps raise money for research and development of drugs to help patients with Cystic Fibrosis. To read more information about his walk, or to donate to his walk directly, please visit his site here. His walk is only a week away, and I really want to help out, and so I'm going to donate all of the proceeds of any Mary Kay order placed on my website to help him reach his goal. Any order placed by Wednesday, September 10th will help Nate reach his goal of $15,000!!

Thanks for helping Nate make Great Strides one lipstick at a time!!