Monday, November 10, 2008

another statistic...

Kenney always said he was proud he had not become a statistic. He had never been arrested, never been in a gang, was employed and hard working. And today, he lost his job.

We'd seen the writing on the wall, and we knew it was coming. They've been laying off more and more people on a weekly basis. Pay cuts were every where. Kenney had been looking for other jobs, but to no avail. He is an architectural draftsman, so he's tied to the housing industry, which obviously isn't doing too well.

So, here we are...me working part time, Kenney unemployed with 4 mouths to feed and we can only trust the God knows what He is doing. We'd love to go to IHOP in Kansas City, but we'll just have to pray for provision to do so, because at this point we just can't do that.

Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

7 comments:

american mum said...

I know you'll end up just fine. You'll just have to cut Dolce & Gabbana out of your budget. It'll be rough, but you can do it!

Melanie said...

/hugs
I went through something similar at the start of the summer. It's rough but you can do it!! I'll be thinking of you guys.

Christin said...

I'll be praying!

Aprille - The Muddled said...

maybe it is just the thing you need. you just dont know!

Aprille - The Muddled said...

and of course - you know I am praying for you guys!!

Britney said...

May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Elizabeth F. said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I know that God has a plan and purpose for all of you and He is faithful. Maybe God has something bigger and better for you guys! I will pray that you have peace and provision during this time. Please let me know if you need anything.

I had to look up IHOP, ause I was wondering why you couldn't go to the IHOP right down the street. LOL!