Monday, November 17, 2008

when it rains, it pours, and your floors get wet...

You know that phrase, "when it rains, it pours"?!? Well, apparently, in my life, that phrase is true, except instead of "when it rains, it pours" it should be "when it rains, it pours, and my carpet gets wet and the floors sit under an inch of water from the clogged drains"

Yeah, our pipes got backed up tonight, and covered our downstairs in an inch of water. It was just ridiculous. We called our maintenance emergency number, just to find out that it's not considered an emergency. We can't use our water downstairs, and our upstairs everytime we use our toilet upstairs we have to use a plunger.

I'm so over this and just ready to move onto where we're supposed to be...

oh and I did I tell you my car died too?!?

4 comments:

Britney said...

I hope the rain of trials lets up soon. I'm praying for you, my friend.

Melanie said...

Take a deep breath...you'll get through it. I know you can do this, you've gotten through worse times. Love you!!

Kristy said...

Oh my goodness..sorry to hear that! When I gave birth to my daughter I sat in our tub at home for relief of pain and we didn't realize it at the time but the tub was leaking from upstairs and our ceiling in our workout room downstair was all soggy and we completely had to redo everything...it was awful..I've so been there..good luck to you!

Kara said...

I'm so sorry! That completely SUCKS!!! God never gives us more than we can handle...Don't you just love that phase...because sometimes you just DON'T WANNA HANDLE IT! Did you ever have one of those times when laying down on the ground kicking and screaming just seems to make more sense then praying...Remember that God has plans to prosper you and Kenny and not to harm you. To give you a hope and a future. And remember that the secret to being content in every situation is the 10 finger prayer... I CAN do all things through Christ who strengths me. Hold on to your Father,tightly,and allow Him to show you how great and mighty He really is. He won't let you down.