Monday, January 11, 2010

Menu plan Monday (1/11)

Although I'm not "officially" joining the Eat from your Pantry challenge, I thought I'd see how much we could use up and try only to get the fresh produce & milk etc each week from the store. Last week I managed to spend less than $15 for groceries and I'm hoping I can do the same this week. Of course, it helped that Harris Teeter is doing Super Double coupons this week too!

After doing a quick survey of my freezer, cupboards & pantry, here are the things I have that I need to use in the next few weeks:

Ground Beef Patties
Pork Chops
Pork tenderloin roast
2 Bags of Shrimp
Carrots/Peas/Green Beans/Asparagus
4 Boxes of Whole wheat pasta
Manicotti shells
Pinto Beans
Northern Beans
1/2 box instant mashed potatoes
5 boxes of rice
whole wheat tortillas

We've got lots more in there, but those are the things that need to be used up.

Meal Plan

Breakfast- Oatmeal & Toast, Cereal, Cereal Bars, muffins or yogurt unless otherwise noted

Lunch-leftovers, sandwiches or weight watchers meals (for adults)

Monday
Snack: Yogurt with crunched up graham crackers


Dinner: Quesadillas using leftoever chicken, rice

Tuesday
Snack: Popcorn
Dinner: Shrimp Scampi & green beans

Wednesday
Snack: Chocolate Chip Cookies from Deceptively Delicious
Dinner: Northern Beans & Cornbread (I've never just made beans before, so I took this recipe from the Happy Housewife)

Thursday
Snack: cookies from wednesday
Dinner: Chili, corn chips and rolls

Friday
Snack: Pound cake
Dinner: I will going to a baby shower, so we will use this night as leftover night.

(I'll be making a buffalo wing dip to bring to the shower & will post the recipe for that towards the end of the week)

Saturday
Brunch: Cinnamon rolls & hashbrowns
Snack: Popcorn
Dinner: Braided pizza & green beans

Sunday
Snack: rice krispy treats
Dinner: Manicotti, Asparagus & Garlic toast


This week we will use up some of the shrimp, rice, pasta, & manicotti shells. For hundreds of other menu ideas check out Org Junkie's page!!


No comments: