Thursday, January 28, 2010

Priorities....

Things have been quiet on my end lately because I've been doing a lot of thinking. It's been rough, a hard pill to swallow. You know, it's the point where you realize you're wrong. That you need to change. And then once you finally do accept this realization, then you must decide how you're going to do it. So that's what I've been doing: Thinking and praying, trying to come up with the least painful way to bring about this change in myself. The other night in his State of the Union speech, President Obama said "I never said change was easy or that I could do it alone..." and that stuck with me. It reminded me that change is never easy, so why am I trying to make it? It's kind of like childbirth. You can get drugs to ease the pain, but eventually it wears off and you will still feel pain, even if the baby is already out!!

I know you're probably wondering what ways I could possibly need to change in, since I'm just so incredibly perfect, RIGHT? (Atleast pretend to think that way, please?!?) I've got my goals for this year, which are to get organized and to menu plan. But I've got to do more.

Mainly, I need to be more than just a stay at home mom. Sure, my kids are important, and that is a priority, but I also have responsibilities towards my husband. To be his helpmate, to take care of him. My husband is not only working full time, but he's also going to school full time as well, and he needs my help and support now more than ever!!

No comments: