Monday, February 1, 2010

Valentine's Day Frame

Who needs to buy a valentine's day frame when you can make one yourself?!?

Here's the finished product:
Here's what you'll need:

I used this bamboo tray I got at the Dollar Tree.
A piece of colored scrapbook paper and a piece of plain cardstock (that matches your scrapbook paper)
A strand of pearls or other decorative ribbon for the border.
A picture of your hubby, kids or someone else special and your favorite scripture or quote about love. I chose "I have found the one whom my soul loves" because this is a special verse to us!
To get started:
First, take the scrapbook paper and cut it to fit the inside of the tray and glue it to the tray.
Second, glue the photo to the center of the tray. Begin to hot glue the pearls around the edge of the tray.Using the plain card stock, write out your verse/quote. You can print these out if you prefer, but I liked to personalize it by using my handwriting. Cut it out and glue around the photo to create borders.

And there you have it!
I added it above my "LOVE" letters.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You remind me so much of your mom- so very clever! Cool idea!
Love,
Dad