Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day Playgroup

I hosted a playgroup at my house yesterday, which turned out to be small, as one mom got stuck in Maryland, courtesy of Snow-Magedon, and another had to cancel at the last minute. But I wanted to make it special for the girls there, but I also didn't want to spend a lot of money. I used a lot of things I already to had to make a decorative food tray.
The finished tray cost me $2.02!! I had considered decorating a tray like the one seen over at Tatertots & Jello, but I was being stingy (even those hers only cost $2) and decided to only use what I had!
I used the snowman cookie platter I already had that I bought on clearance a few years ago after Christmas for 90% off for 50 cents!!
I undid the napkins that I bought last year after Valentine's day for 62 cents and covered the whole plate, so the snow man disappeared.

I used a Glade candle that I got from Target for free during the time when they had the Holiday candles on sale for $2.50, matched with the $2 q and then you got a gift card when you purchased x amount of Glade candles. (sorry for the fuzzy picture, but I was holding Jordan & trying to get it done in time before they came)

I took a scrap of ribbon I had left over from the spool of dollar bin ribbon from Michael's and tied it around the middle so it would hide the Christmasy decor of the candle.

I made tent cards from scrapbook paper I had leftover from my wedding, cut out hearts, glued them on, and added little sayings that the conversational hearts have.

Then I placed the candle in the center of the tray.

I served strawberry wafers from the Dollar Tree, and made Brownie cups using a Betty Crocker Double Chocolate cookie mix that was 16 cents a few weeks back and the mini muffin liners I got after Christmas from wal-mart for 75 cents for 80 liners, so that cost me around 24 cents.


This post is linking to:





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading the step-by-step sequence of your events and activities. Hope you all had fun!
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog as for me. It would be great to read something more concerning that theme. Thnx for giving this info.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.