Tuesday, February 1, 2011

CODE RED!


In 2004, the American Heart Association (AHA) faced a challenge. Cardiovascular disease claimed the lives of nearly 500,000 American women each year, yet women were not paying attention. In fact, many even dismissed it as an “older man’s disease.” To dispel the myths and raise awareness of heart disease as the number one killer of women, the American Heart Association created Go Red For Women – a passionate, emotional, social initiative designed to empower women to take charge of their heart health.
You know that heart disease and stroke are still the No. 1 and No. 3 killers of women. But did you know more women die of cardiovascular
disease and stroke than the next four causes of death combined, including all forms of cancer? Did you also know that 90 percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease, which if controlled could reduce their risk?
This Friday, February 4th is National Wear Red day, and I'm asking you to join me in wearing red to raise awareness of this killer.

So, this Friday, I go red for my dear AunT Sharon. I love you, AunT!!! Who do you go red for?



3 comments:

Sharon said...

You're one of my many reasons for being thankful I have a pacemaker! Christy, you're awesome!!! Thanks so much, Love!

Ken said...

Thank you for making me aware of this and for posting photos of Sharon!
Love,
Dad

wonderfullyflo.com said...

We don't do this over in the UK but if we did I would do it in honour of my Aunty Val :D